Preparing Your Recording Environment
Please join me on Uberconference from your computer five minutes prior to the interview start time. You can join by a computer by using the URL:
Optional dial-in number: 971-358-7158
- Before the interview, reboot your computer.
- To save memory, shut down programs that automatically load at startup.
- Minimize open programs and browser tabs to as few as necessary.
- Connect to the Internet with an Ethernet cable (hardware) instead of over WiFi if possible. It’s faster, sounds better, and is safe from occasional WiFi dropouts. (To verify you are actually using the wire once you’re connected it, turn off your wireless connection just to make sure your connection still works.)
- You want to make sure that your audio is clear, easy to hear, and easy to understand.
- You must use earphones, earbuds, or headphones when you record. This prevents the sound from the host’s audio from bleeding into your mic, creating an annoying echo. (There’s no way around this, so don’t try and do an interview without headphones. You might not hear it, but it will ruin your recording.)
- Close your door and tell anyone in the area not to disturb you because you are doing a recorded interview.
- Turn off your cell phone. The signal can interfere with your recording and it would be terrible for your phone to ring during the interview.
- Turn off or unplug any landline phones as well so they don’t ring during the interview.
- Have any reference material that you might need such as notes, web pages, etc. readily available.
- No shuffling papers, banging things, or typing during the interview. Even if you think you are being quiet, it can still be picked up and recorded.
- Have a glass of water or tea in case you get thirty or your mouth feels dry.
- Take a deep breath, relax, and just have fun. I'm here to highlight your expertise. Remember, casual, conversational interviews are more enjoyable to listen to and get listened to more.
Please feel free to email me any questions to email@example.com
I'm looking forward to our interview!!!